We hear Jesus say "Come with me. I have a mission for you."
-Matthew 4:19

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent calls us like the magi to follow the "star" that leads to Jesus

 My recent visit to St. Anthony's Mission School in the Diocese of Gallup, NM was a "magi experience" when I saw the smiling faces of the Zuni youth. They were like bright shining stars that gave a glow of joy, peace and a great sense of faith. . .  

The children and their teachers along with their principal shared a real treasure with me as I walked through the classrooms and school campus. Impressed and inspired as their hands went up like festive flags anxious to respond to their teachers questions and inquiries.

As we journey through this season of grace, as we prepare for the birth of Jesus, allow his spirit of love, joy, peace and reconciliation to shine brightly in our hearts and to permeate all whom we meet each day. Let us follow his Star, let us imitate the Zuni People, especially their children, blessings now and for future generations!
 
Advent blessings! 
Father Paysse  

No comments:

Post a Comment