We hear Jesus say "Come with me. I have a mission for you."
-Matthew 4:19

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Blessings!


Dear Mission Family,

Summer blessings to you! The month of July invites us to share Summer activities with family and friends. It is a time to reflect on all the opportunities the Lord Jesus gives us as we experience each beautiful day. Here at the Mission House, the Spirit continues to guide us.

I'm happy to announce that within a week, we will launch our new upgraded website. I think you'll find it more user friendly and of greater service in the field of evangelization. Once you get a chance to review it, I'd welcome your comments as we are always trying to improve our web presence and ministry. Reaching out and having a greater positive impact is important and vital as we minister to our African American, Native American and Alaskan Native Communities. So, let me hear from you!

Mark your calendar for July 14, the Feast Day of St. Kateri Tekakwitha! We'll soon post a Novena to St. Kateri leading to the feast day on our home page. Please join us as we pray this Novena together. Tell your family and friends they are welcome!

Recently, I had a wonderful pastoral visit in the Diocese of Fresno, California with the African American Community. Wow! I was impressed with their evangelization efforts and their involvement in the diocese. We celebrated Eucharist, shared a meal and dreamed of new possibilities for all to draw closer to Christ and the Church. I am grateful for their hospitality, prayerfulness and strong desire to share the Gospel message of love and Christian witness with all!

Keep in touch with me and let me hear about your journey of faith, your interests and the ways we can possibly collaborate in supporting our Black and American Indian/Alaskan Native sisters and brothers. Thank you for your prayers and partnership!

In Joy and Peace,
Father Paysse

No comments:

Post a Comment